Question My screen occasionally flickers black boxes ?

Oct 15, 2023
Hey everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm reaching out to this community because I've been experiencing a rather frustrating issue with my Windows 11 setup.

Recently, I've noticed that my screen occasionally flickers black, particularly when I'm engaged in activities like gaming or even just regular browsing. This problem is becoming quite bothersome, and I'm struggling to find a solution on my own.

Here's what I've tried so far:

1. Updating Graphics Drivers
  2. Checking for Software Conflicts
  3. Adjusting Display Settings
  4. Changed to Display Port from HDMI.
Despite these efforts, the problem persists, and I'm running out of ideas.

If anyone has encountered a similar issue or has any suggestions on how to resolve this, I'd be incredibly grateful for your insights.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Motherboard:MSI mag x570
CPU:AMD ryzen 7 3700x
CPU cooler:MSI MAG CoreLiquid 360R
Ram:G skill trident z royal 16gb
SSD/HDD:Samsung 970 evo 500gb
GPU:msi rtx 4070 ventus 3x (got is recently 1months ago)
PSU:corsair RM750 ( 2.2 years older)
Chassis:corsair 4000d airflow casing
Monitor:Asus tuf vg27aq1a

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Did you run DDU prior to removing the older GPU prior to dropping in the RTX4070?

Oct 15, 2023

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Did you run DDU prior to removing the older GPU prior to dropping in the RTX4070?
hi thanks for your reply, i have updated the post with specs, i just came to know about DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) . I'm trying with that and will update you.

Oct 15, 2023

CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

I did that, still same issue, it happens suddenly like when I do web browsing and scroll down. that black flickers occurs sometimes. not always. and its giving me OCD.

dece870717

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2005
To rule out the possibility of something being wrong with the monitor I would plug in Blu-ray player, console, or the like, and see if there's any kind of issues happening still.

And if possible, try the video card in another machine, like a friends PC or if you have a spare PC. Or hook your pc up to another monitor or just a TV and see if the issue persists.

Should be able to rule out something by trying any of those out.