Question My screen resolution changes on its own

HardcoreGamer27

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2016
The display resolution of my monitor changes on its own from 1920x1080 native to something like 800X600 after pc wakes up from sleep or when i do restart
My Monitor is ASUS ROG PG248Q
GPU RX 6800 XT
CPU i5 9600 KF
16 GB DDR4 RAM
So what could cause this, pc update maybe? or graphic driver by the way i use the lastest driver from AMD adrnelanin 23.4.2
Also games work fine its just the resolution changing on its own sometimes.

Ralston18

Titan
What is the reason for the restarts?

How do you go about resetting the resolution after the monitor changes?

Temporarily end all "sleep" / power savers, etc..

Determine if the monitor's resolution remains at the expected 1920x1080.

Do you have another known working (no resolution changes) monitor? Or maybe even a TV that can be used?

Have you tried the Asus ROG PG248Q monitor on another known working computer?

Determine if the problem follows the monitor or stays with your computer.

HardcoreGamer27

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2016
What is the reason for the restarts?

How do you go about resetting the resolution after the monitor changes?

Temporarily end all "sleep" / power savers, etc..

Determine if the monitor's resolution remains at the expected 1920x1080.

Do you have another known working (no resolution changes) monitor? Or maybe even a TV that can be used?

Have you tried the Asus ROG PG248Q monitor on another known working computer?

Determine if the problem follows the monitor or stays with your computer.
I restart my pc after pc update or when im installing new drivers for my motherboard audio lan etc...
I reset the resolution easy the casual way im going to display settings and switch back from 800X600 to 1920x1080 recommended resolution
I have another monitor and it does the same
I dont have another pc its just this one
I found this answer on another forum that while under sleep pc doesen't stops the computer it just pauses it and that it changes the resolution of the monitor to save more power but i can't see that since the pc is in sleep mode and when i wake it up it goes back to normal resolution but sometimes is stuck with the lower resolution.
Another thing that comes to my mind is the gpu that i bought was used for mining for like 3 months so maybe the gpu is the issue but then again it performs great in games so i dont think so also the gpu looks very healthy phisically.
It could be amd and their drivers i saw another post from a person having amd gpu like RX 6900 XT and having the exact problem and he said amd drivers could be the problem...

Ralston18

Titan
Any other power/screen savers etc. running in the background?

Try reinstalling the drivers - even if the current drivers are up-to-date.
Could be buggy or corrupted in some manner.

Take a look at the power plans. FYI:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-and-manage-power-plans-windows-11

You can easily find other similar links. Just avoid links that try to get you to download some "fix".

Or suggest Registry edits. Registry edits are a last resort and should only be attempted after a full system backup including the Registry itself.

TRENDING THREADS