Najanaja

Prominent
Oct 23, 2019
So this happend before about 2 or 3 months ago, but it got fixed after a few on/off turnings. But now it seems the problem wont go away. A fact to keep in mind that my CPU's cooler isnt the best and when under heavy load(such as gaming) it tends to go over 85 Celsius, so I use a regular fan to help the cpu stay under 80 celsius.Excuse me for some incorrections in my post, english isnt my native language.
PC Specs: Intel i7-7700
MSI GTX 1080TI
16 GB DDR4 G.SKILL AEGIS RAM
ASrock b250-m PRO4 motherboard
chieftec smart 700w gps-700a8 PSU

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You paired a 1080Ti with a dated, poor quality psu...
"It's fine for low power budget pc's or older pre-2014 pc's. But it's a hard pass for any modern system with a dedicated gpu. It's based on an old 2012 design from CWT(Channel Well Technology).
It's a group regulated unit(link describes problems with such a design)."

All psus degrade over time, so of course this was only going to get worse.

Reactions: spentshells

Najanaja

Prominent
Oct 23, 2019
You paired a 1080Ti with a dated, poor quality psu...
"It's fine for low power budget pc's or older pre-2014 pc's. But it's a hard pass for any modern system with a dedicated gpu. It's based on an old 2012 design from CWT(Channel Well Technology).
It's a group regulated unit(link describes problems with such a design)."

All psus degrade over time, so of course this was only going to get worse.
But it seems my GPU is getting power, fans start to spin it lights up, not in its pre set color tho.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I don't know what 'not in its pre set color' means, but the title of the thread describes what happens when the 12v rail voltage from the psu drops too low.
Getting power, fans start to spin, it lights up, could mean a number of other things... besides all that, the psu still isn't a good one to be using with a powerful gpu like that one.

Najanaja

Prominent
Oct 23, 2019
I don't know what 'not in its pre set color' means, but the title of the thread describes what happens when the 12v rail voltage from the psu drops too low.
Getting power, fans start to spin, it lights up, could mean a number of other things... besides all that, the psu still isn't a good one to be using with a powerful gpu like that one.
Alright, thanks i'll try switching out the psu to see if it fixes the problem! :)

Reactions: spentshells

ASK THE COMMUNITY