[SOLVED] My Screenflickers and i think its my PSU

skrappy

Prominent
Jun 23, 2019
since i bought my pc i used to play fortnite and screen fickersalot and sometimes the screen goes full black and i have to force reboot to play again , but then i found out i can just limit my fps to 60 and it stops , by time it used to even flicker on 60 so i lowered my res and settings and it was fine , but yesterday it started flickering even in desktop and i can't do anything so i tried some apps to test stability like FUNMARK and when i test it my screen goes black and fan speed slow up but when i exit funmark or when it compeletes testing my fan speeds go higher again , so is it my psu , gpu , cpu i really dont know , help me please pc spec : i5 2400, 8gb ram,gtx 1050,h61 mobo , and a chinese 10$ 750watt PSU

Solution
how i can be sure bro
Dude, a 750w PSU for $10? I'm surprised you haven't blown up yet.
For real though, the Power supply may only be able to output 750w MAX, and is probably rated for lower. It can't output enough watts or give any clean power to your system, at least that's my guess.
And I think since the flickering is getting progressively worse, that means your PSU is dying, or getting tired, or something.
The first think I'd do is get a new power supply. Even if that's somehow not the problem, it is still very much needed. Even a cheap used Antec Power supply would be better than that fire-starter you have in your PC. Since you only have a 1050, and not a 1050 TI, it doesn't need a power connector, so I'd recommend...

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
how i can be sure bro
Dude, a 750w PSU for $10? I'm surprised you haven't blown up yet.
For real though, the Power supply may only be able to output 750w MAX, and is probably rated for lower. It can't output enough watts or give any clean power to your system, at least that's my guess.
And I think since the flickering is getting progressively worse, that means your PSU is dying, or getting tired, or something.
The first think I'd do is get a new power supply. Even if that's somehow not the problem, it is still very much needed. Even a cheap used Antec Power supply would be better than that fire-starter you have in your PC. Since you only have a 1050, and not a 1050 TI, it doesn't need a power connector, so I'd recommend upgrading to even something like THIS. That's not the best deal, of course, just something I found real quick.
So yeah, Find a decent Corsair/EVGA/Antec/Seasonic 400wish power supply as your first step. If somehow that doesn't fix the problem, it was still a needed upgrade and worth it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS