Question My screen's flickering after downloading AMD Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2019
I Have an RX570. I use HDMI to VGA converter. Everytime when i download AMD drivers my screen starts flickering. It goes black every 2 seconds and stays black around 1,5 second.

Jun 18, 2019
Download load your drivers manual from amd site not auto detect and when you install it choose custom install and press install sometimes software is glitching.

I did that actually. I tried downloading 19.6.2 june edition (which crashed my pc and i couldn't even get any display which is somehow fixed after we remove and install the ram and gpu, which then when i get to the pc i saw something like ''Wattman default blah blah'', at that time my screen wasn't flickering as much as it right now) i also tried 19.5.2 and 18.x.x i don't remember the version of 18.

Jun 18, 2019
https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-570

Download the latest version for your OS.

Use DDU to uninstall the current drivers.
Then reboot PC and install the downloaded drivers from first link
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

I did what you say and now i don't have no flickering. If i can restart now everything will be ok! So im going to restart now, thank you for your help.

Jun 30, 2019
Yeah okay im fine now. Thank you for your helps!
You fixed it? I have a Radeon R7 250 and I have the same problem. When windows starts and the login screen appears, the flickering starts.

In safe mode it works fine.

Tried to install the two lastest versions. Also triend to quit windows services, tried to install without amd apps (only driver) but it works the first restarts, but when I shut it down and restart, the problem appears.

In linux the screen works well. And I did a new fresh windows 10 x64 install, and with Generic windows 10 display driver, all works fine. But with amd driver, the problem appears.

Here I recorded the error, is this the same as yours?

Login screen error

Thank you!

Jun 18, 2019
You fixed it? I have a Radeon R7 250 and I have the same problem. When windows starts and the login screen appears, the flickering starts.

In safe mode it works fine.

Tried to install the two lastest versions. Also triend to quit windows services, tried to install without amd apps (only driver) but it works the first restarts, but when I shut it down and restart, the problem appears.

In linux the screen works well. And I did a new fresh windows 10 x64 install, and with Generic windows 10 display driver, all works fine. But with amd driver, the problem appears.

Here I recorded the error, is this the same as yours?

Login screen error

Thank you!
No it wasn't same sorry :(

Reactions: kiteblade
Status
Not open for further replies.