Question My SD card is not being read on any device

May 7, 2023
Hi, I'm new here, sorry if I broke any forum rules. The problem is that I had a mini CD card for about 5 years and for some reason I decided to store relatively important things on it, which I shouldn't have done. So, about a week ago was the last time I used it and it was acting strange, meaning that when I connected it, it didn't read it, but if I took it out and put it back in like 3 times, it would finally read it. The problem is that today, even if I take it out and put it back in, it won't read it. I tried looking for it in programs like TestDisk and it didn't appear, I tried in Windows and Ubuntu, I tried it on a phone and it didn't read it either. I used the command "dmesg" and many identical messages came up saying "[ 6133.200338] mmc1: error -110 whilst initialising SD card [ 6135.576025] mmc1: error -5 whilst initialising SD card".

What can I do?

Thank you very much.

May 7, 2023
if the data is important. take it to a professional data recovery service
Excluding the option of data recovery service, it is possible that I can fix it? or the SD card is completely dead?. Visually, it doesn't appear to be damaged, but it could be a logical damage issue.

May 7, 2023
Teniendo en cuenta lo que ya ha intentado, invierta $$$ en una empresa profesional de recuperación de datos.
Y disfruta del resultado cuando te digan "Lo siento, nos hemos vuelto locos".
I don't think I will go to a professional data recovery company as the data was important but not important enough, it bothers me, but I deserve it for storing it on a 5-year-old SD card :(