Question My Seagate 2 TB Hybrid Hard Drive has a major problem?

Johnny Baker

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2016
When I built my system about 3 years ago, I purchased a 2 TB Seagate Hybrid Hard Drive for it. Last year, right before Hurricane Michael struck our area, it became corrupted with the BSOD "Paging Fault Error". Try as I might, I could not get rid it and subsequently it is now stuck in a never ending loop. It will allow you to boot up, until the point of putting in your user account password, then the BSOD Error Screen will pop up. If you allow it to, it will continuously sit there doing this and nothing else.

My question is simply this: Can I reformat this hard drive, do a fresh clean install of the latest Windows 10, or would I be better off purchasing a newer hard drive? SSD's are off limits as this unit, I speak of, is the unit I posted about a MOBO problem. This unit will not allow me to install an SSD and load Windows as my main OS storage unit.

Any and all suggestion are appreciated and welcome.

PS: This hard drive is still covered by a warranty that so far Seagate is refusing to honor and wanting me to pay for all repairs. I am now dealing with the tier 2 customer support and but not going to bend on this issue. I will buy a new hard drive before I pay them the same price to just look at this device and then charge me for the actual repair.

thanks again.

Johnny Baker

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2016
Last edited:

Johnny Baker

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2016
Hey, I am talking, somewhat to Seagate Surfer but any information on this is still appreciated. All I need to know is can I reformat this drive and install a fresh copy of windows 10? If it doesn't work, then i will dispose of it. Thanks.