My seagate expansion 1TB isnt opening

Sep 5, 2018
i had it since 2 years , it never fell or beig damaged , one day i plugged it in my laptop a disk was shown but i couldn t have access and the win started to get heavy , i tested it in other pc s and the same probleme occurs pls help me i have like 300 gb of pics and vids of familly thta i have to get back

Solution
hbreaker102, you could also try to contact support here. Always have a good back up plan as well.

Basically you want:

3 copies of any data you don't want to lose
2 different mediums it's stored on (so 2 different drives in your computer, for example)
1 copy kept offsite, to prevent against disaster.
Sep 5, 2018

thanks

There are several programs you can use to try and recover data, but personally. This USB stuff isn't the way to go if you want to recover data.
You need to get the drive out the caddy and plug it directly into a Sata on a PC to start to really check what is wrong.

hbreaker102, you could also try to contact support here. Always have a good back up plan as well.

Basically you want:

3 copies of any data you don't want to lose
2 different mediums it's stored on (so 2 different drives in your computer, for example)
1 copy kept offsite, to prevent against disaster.

Solution

This is why CLOUD is very good - stuff backed up constantly, and accessible on any format you want!

TRENDING THREADS