[SOLVED] my seagate hdd 2tb not blinking and not working

Apr 10, 2021
5mos ago my seagate hdd stopped working, I just plugged it in when there's no blinking and it cant be detected by my laptop. I've got a large number of files in there so I've been really careful using my hdd.

please help!

I've got important files in it.

Solution
If it spins up but is not detected, then this would usually point to an internal problem with the HDD. You could try to remove the drive from its enclosure and connect it directly via SATA, if possible. This would eliminate the USB-SATA bridge hardware as a possible culprit.
If it spins up but is not detected, then this would usually point to an internal problem with the HDD. You could try to remove the drive from its enclosure and connect it directly via SATA, if possible. This would eliminate the USB-SATA bridge hardware as a possible culprit.

Solution
Apr 10, 2021
Thank you! I'll try that and update if it works!