Question My Seasonic TX-750W tripped breaker or it was halogen bulb in bathroom?

litwicki23

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
PC:
Aorus AD27QD
AORUS PRO Z390-PRO GAMING
Aorus 2080 Ti waterforce stock
2x16GB DDR4 GSKILL XMP
9700K STOCK
Seasonic TX-750W TITANIUM PLUS PRIME

Pc and monitor was on. Other devices like tv,washer off. So not circuit overload.
2 weeks ago something tripped 2 small circuit breakers . All electricity lights and sockets went down .Then.......i go to bathroom and saw that one of 3 halogen bulbs no lightning. So one bulb get burned.

What tripped breaker? Halogen Bulb or Seasonic psu of my pc?

Like i said pc working normally after that outage.But i am worried about my psu.

Thx for helping me. I am not cooled down<lol>.

Well, cool down, because it is very unlikely that your power supply was the cause. More than likely it was because of running multiple halogen lights on the same circuit. Halogen lights use a lot power, while you power supply by comparison uses very little unless you happened to be running something at full CPU and GPU load at the time it happened.

It might be a good idea to run your PC on a different circuit entirely from the halogen lights.

Yes.

That doesn't mean that there can't be an issue with your power supply or other hardware, but it is a LOT more likely that the halogen bulbs are to blame, especially if these are high output halogen bulbs we're talking about. How many watts are the halogen bulbs in question?

That too. I've seen even lower wattage halogen bulbs trip the breakers, especially in older homes with less modern wiring and old breakers. Might even be time to pull the breaker itself and replace it with a new one, as these TOO can wear out and go bad. In fact, I've had, and seen, a number of breakers that began tripping repeatedly for no apparent reason that were simply breakers that had worn out.

litwicki23

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
Hey i forgot. Wanna say.
I had a good monitor AORUS AD27QD. 2 months ago when i was sleeping monitor was on. When i woke up all electricity went down. After switching 2 small breakers power back . Pc works fine. But monitor was not turned back. I sended to rma. Here is shop RMA message:
Shop:"We repaired PSU and sending back good monitor to client"
Is this possible that psu of monitor get failed and trip breakers?

That situation was 2 months ago ,too.

I think i have good wired electricity in house,rooms.I am living in block.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
So first time it was monitor psu that tripped breakers and then second time, halogen bulb or pc psu?:)
You're probably not going to get a straight answer here, because ultimately, none of us will know the answer. Only you will be able to figure it out as its your building.

All I would say with reasonable confidence is we would find it unlikely that your Seasonic PSU is more likely the cause than the bulb for example.

But only you can really figure it out what is going on as we can only guess from a forum.

litwicki23

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
Also is this possible that 3 months ago my monitor ( psu inside ) tripped breaker? All was working fine after resetting breakers.pc ok. Only monitor refused to turn on. Not reacting.

After rma shop sended email to me:"We replaced psu and its fine"

litwicki23

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
Somebody said this to me:"I am a registered electrician in the state of Wi and I'm going to tell you to call a local electrician because something isn't right with your household's wiring. You need somebody there in person to find the fault meaning this is outside the scope of what we can help with on a forum. "

So he is right?

Somebody said this to me:"I am a registered electrician in the state of Wi and I'm going to tell you to call a local electrician because something isn't right with your household's wiring. You need somebody there in person to find the fault meaning this is outside the scope of what we can help with on a forum. "

So he is right?
I’m not an electrician but from you original description and my own experience I’d think the dying bulb tripped the breaker. The safest thing probably is to get an electrician to check it out but being honest if my home I’d only consider that if the issue persisted.

TRENDING THREADS