Question My secondary M.2 drive isn't showing up

SciaTion

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2015
My primary M.2 drive and my two SATA drives show up, but I can't seem to get the computer to recognize my new second M.2 drive. I've tried switching around the SATA cables for the SATA drives, because at one point one of the SATA drives was also not showing. But right now. Only the second M.2 drive is still missing. I do have a 1080TI GPU graphics card, so I'm wondering if that's taken up the rest of the resources or if its something else.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
My primary M.2 drive and my two SATA drives show up, but I can't seem to get the computer to recognize my new second M.2 drive. I've tried switching around the SATA cables for the SATA drives, because at one point one of the SATA drives was also not showing. But right now. Only the second M.2 drive is still missing. I do have a 1080TI GPU graphics card, so I'm wondering if that's taken up the rest of the resources or if its something else.

Can you please provide the exact model of SSD?
M.2 means nothing as that is just a form factor. it has no bearing on whether or not it is a SATA drive or NVME drive.
Also will need your motherboard make and model.

Please specify what your currently recognized SSD's make and model are as well and which M.2 slots are the drives plugged into on the board.
Lastly, if you can, if the BIOS will tell you, tell me which SATA ports your SATA drives are plugged into (I need the numbers)

SciaTion

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2015
Thanks for replying, though turns out my computer was recognizing the drive, I just forgot to initialize and set it up in disk management. I found that out from a youtube video I cam across.

Thanks anyways for your help, QwerkyPengwen.

Can you please provide the exact model of SSD?
M.2 means nothing as that is just a form factor. it has no bearing on whether or not it is a SATA drive or NVME drive.
Also will need your motherboard make and model.

Please specify what your currently recognized SSD's make and model are as well and which M.2 slots are the drives plugged into on the board.
Lastly, if you can, if the BIOS will tell you, tell me which SATA ports your SATA drives are plugged into (I need the numbers)