My secundary HDD's being constantly spining up

zfast4y0u

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
hello, i have in my system atm SSD as boot drive and 2 HDD's from WD, one is old one caviar 300gb and one is 2 tb black.

i have set in ballanced power mode for my HDD's to sleep after 5min but i experience some wierd waking up of both drives at same time. sometime it happens like 10min after they spin down and most of times after 65min. its really annoying for em to have spining up few times a day when i do not need em to do it. what is exacly causing this and can it be fixed? i try to find what program is exacly causing this behavior, i went and disabled all HDD monitoring in my hardware monitoring programs but the issue is still here and i cant track it down.

zfast4y0u

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
the whole point is, i want em to be spinned down, helps me with temps and there is less noice. i just tested it. exacly 30min they were spinned down, now ramped up, SSD ready monitoring program dosent show me anything, zero reads and writes on disks yet they spin up for some reason.

after bit more longer testing this program detected following writes on my HDD's

https://imgur.com/a/N5iUg

how do i disable that logs from happening, anyone know?

TRENDING THREADS