My Security Folder in Registry Editor has [value not set]

cblakemore02

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
I was getting support for an unrelated issue online by remote access, and the person pointed out that in my registry editor the value for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SECURITY was [value not set], and the person indicated this was or could be the source of problems for me. So my question is, what do I need to put in this SECURITY folder to make my computer secure?

Solution
Nothing to worry about, it's perfectly normal to have no sub-keys, values or data for that key.

all three computers I own have the same [value not set] for that key. Whoever told you it was or could be "a source of problems" evidently doesn't know as much as he claims to know about Windows, or he's scaremongering for personal gain.
Nothing to worry about, it's perfectly normal to have no sub-keys, values or data for that key.

all three computers I own have the same [value not set] for that key. Whoever told you it was or could be "a source of problems" evidently doesn't know as much as he claims to know about Windows, or he's scaremongering for personal gain.

Solution

cblakemore02

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
Thank you both, and believe me, I was quite surprised when the person I called in the Microsoft support line (about me not being able to log into Windows Live) hijacked my computer and told me I had massive virus infestations.
Thanks for clearing up my worries, thank you.

It doesn't come as much of a surprise that an MS adviser would know so little but all the major stuff in there is under CurrentControlSet. So long as there are several long ists of entries under each category, the heading "Value not set" is irrelevant. I'd love to know what he would have replaced that wth. :D