Question My set top box remote sometimes refuses to respond

curoius

Honorable
Jul 24, 2014
My set top box remote sometimes refuses to respond. There is a LED on the remote.
When I press a button the LED blinks but there is no response from the set top box. If I reboot the set top box everything is back to normal. Any ideas ?

Wolfshadw

Titan
As a matter of fact, I had this situation with my mother's cable TV setup, yesterday. For whatever reason, using the remote control, she could not change the channel. The other set top box in the home was not affected.

I unplugged the set top box for about 30 seconds and then plugged it back in (essentially rebooting the unit) and all was well again.

-Wolf sends

curoius

Honorable
Jul 24, 2014
As a matter of fact, I had this situation with my mother's cable TV setup, yesterday. For whatever reason, using the remote control, she could not change the channel. The other set top box in the home was not affected.

I unplugged the set top box for about 30 seconds and then plugged it back in (essentially rebooting the unit) and all was well again.

-Wolf sends

Yes, the same thing happens in my case too but the problem returns after some unknown amount of time.