[SOLVED] My side glass panel broke, any ideas for a replacement?

steelnabeel

Reputable
Aug 17, 2016
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/256794097602265089/715872294718668800/20200529_141143.jpg

Here's my prebuild PC. I'm looking around for side panels right now, I've asked some companies if they can add a replacement, although I haven't received a definite answer. Until I do, is there anything I can do?

Firstly I would like to know how dangerous it is to use the PC without a side panel, I'd only use it for a day or two. Other things I'd like to if I could cover the side while using it with something, maybe some sheets? I wouldn't be playing any video games that takes a toll on my PC, probably just league of legends.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VFFCQ6L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here are the specs. Thank you very much.

Solution
It's not dangerous unless you have a curious pet. Could cause some dust issues, long-term, but other than the risk of someone touching the insides at the wrong place, there's no real issue; people run quite open cases at times.

Replacing the panel will be tricky. If this had been an aftermarket case, the company would probably sell you a replacement panel, but this is very likely a proprietary one done for Cyberpower, so unless someone's willing to fabricate one for you to exact measurements -- something that would be far more expensive than just moving everything to a new case -- you'll probably have to be able to do this through Cyberpower only.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
It's not dangerous unless you have a curious pet. Could cause some dust issues, long-term, but other than the risk of someone touching the insides at the wrong place, there's no real issue; people run quite open cases at times.

Replacing the panel will be tricky. If this had been an aftermarket case, the company would probably sell you a replacement panel, but this is very likely a proprietary one done for Cyberpower, so unless someone's willing to fabricate one for you to exact measurements -- something that would be far more expensive than just moving everything to a new case -- you'll probably have to be able to do this through Cyberpower only.

Solution

steelnabeel

Reputable
Aug 17, 2016

Thanks for replying, someone else suggested using the panel on the other side that usually covers up the cables.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/256794097602265089/715885706706157658/20200529_150924.jpg . This is what the other side looks like, I've placed that panel to cover up the hardware. Although it exposed a part of the motherboard I think, do you think it's safer this way? Also I don't have any pets, children or anything that can get curious. It's only dust and unforeseen situations that I'm worried about.

How did the cover break?
Is it a candidate for replacement under warranty?

I would not worry.
The front intake fans will tend to clear out any dust.
In fact, except for the looks, your pc will probably run cooler.

You might find it ultimately more economical to replace the case since I expect a legit replacement to be pricey.

Reactions: Phaaze88

Wilcal

Reputable
Mar 29, 2020
I cannot tell fro the pics if the panel has a metal frame around it or is all clear, how it is held to the case. It these is a metal frame, a hardware/class shop should be able to cut you a proper sized piece. It hew mounts are broken you may need to use a silicone glue to remount to the frame. If it is all clear you may want to drill holes in the plexi and use some self tapping screws to mount it to the case or use some hook and loop (velcro) to mount it.