My side panel fan isn't recieving power.

Matthew T

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
I have an Apevia X-Crusier 3 case, found here and here, and a Gigabyte Z87-HD3 ATX Motherboard.

My case has a 200mm side panel fan, but when I received the computer in the mail, it wasn't connected. The fan was two four-pin connectors, one male and one female. I saw on my motherboard that there's a 'sys fan 1' and a 'sys fan 2' male four-pin connector, so I figured that's where they go. I connected the female connector on the fan to the 'sys fan 1' connector on the motherboard, but when I powered up my computer, it didn't start up.

I also noticed on the fan connections, that they don't fit in the casing perfectly, so they wiggle around and wobble a bit, so if they do connect to the 'sys fan 1' connection, one of the pins may be missing.

MickyDee

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2007
You will find that case fans usually plug into the same plug that older hard drives and optical drives plug into not into the MB. A 4 pin Molex. It comes with one male and one female to let you plug it between the power supply and a hard drive.

Matthew T

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013

So, I should look for some kind of four pin connection on my power supply? I also have the problem that my liquid cooling tubes press against the fan, but they don't want to move, or bend, or anything.