Question My son's gaming mouse is acting weird, pls help....

jordanzs

Commendable
Dec 14, 2018
His current build:

CPU: I9-9900k
CPU cooler: Corsair H150i pro
Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Taichi
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti hybrid
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32gb(2x16) ddr4 3200mhz
Storage: Samsung NVME M.2 2tb
PSU: Corsair RM850
Case: Lian Li pc-011 Dynamic
Case fans: 6 Corsair HD120 Pro
Monitor: Dell 27' 2560x1440p 144hz 1ms Gsync
Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard: HyperX Alloy Elite RGB
Mic: Yeti Blackout
Headset: Corsair Void Pro RGB

He just told me his mouse will make the windows sound and stops working. He'll disconnect it and reconnect it and it'll work fine for any for a few seconds to an hour, but sometimes it'll keep repeating every few minutes.

Any advice before buying a new mouse?

Thank you!

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Also . . by any chance is it a Logitech ergonomic mouse? I have one of those, and on multiple PCs, it'll sometimes disconnect and reconnect itself, and Windows makes the USB sound for disconnecting a USB device and reconnecting a USB device.

It never fully disconnected itself for me, just briefly, and it would come back, and like you, it would sometimes work fine for extended periods, and sometimes happen a few times a minute.

When I tried it on my work PC, sometimes it would stop working completely, and I would have to pull it out and plug it into another USB port. Eventually it would stop working there, and I'd have to reboot.

On my home PC, it would never stop working completely, just the hiccups.

On the sticker on the bottom, it shows as:
  • Model Number: M-U0007
  • Part Number: 810-004116
I was never able to resolve the problem - I simply had to get a different mouse.

Jul 2, 2020
It seems and is most likely that you have a faulty mouse as that specific mouse type is notorious for having issues exactly like this, you might have to either get it replaced or get a new one as this is probably the mouse being faulty.