My Sony Vaoi laptop won't turn on properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybathe15

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
I took my battery out of my Sony vaoi laptop and put it back in. I then turned it on and everything was fine! It said it had to restart or something to finish repairing a disk or something and then a sentence came on the screen saying it might take over an hour! About 2 hours passed and the message was still there! I turned it of and turned it back on again! It turns on and says Sony Vaoi and then it goes to a black screen and stays like that! But it is turned on! I've tried everything like leaving it that way over night and taking the battery out for a good few hours but this still keeps happening! Help please :(

Solution
When shutting it off during the disk repair you may have lost some critical data on the Hard Drive. You will probably have to Re-Format. When you turn it on (like immediately after you press the power), try pressing esc, F2, F10, F12 Or Delete (I cant remember which one) to get into your BIOS (keep pushing the key until you see the BIOS). If this works it is probably just your Hard Drive and it needs to be Re-Formatted as mentioned before.

fastcountach

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2012
When shutting it off during the disk repair you may have lost some critical data on the Hard Drive. You will probably have to Re-Format. When you turn it on (like immediately after you press the power), try pressing esc, F2, F10, F12 Or Delete (I cant remember which one) to get into your BIOS (keep pushing the key until you see the BIOS). If this works it is probably just your Hard Drive and it needs to be Re-Formatted as mentioned before.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS