[SOLVED] My Sony Xperia T does not charge

Sizzer97

Honorable
Jun 30, 2015
Yesterday, I was charging my Sony Xperia T for the night and the next morning I noticed the battery wasn't charged at all.
The red light was still on though, but every time I started the phone it would show an empty battery.
At first, I thought there I didn't plug in the cable correctly, because I have an old USB cable that often only works from the right angle.

Then I unplugged the cable and the red charging light did not turn on after I plugged it in again.

I already tried holding the power button and even the volume down button before plugging in the charger and the phone DOES turn on and repeats showing the splash screens before finally starting up, but then instantly turns off as the battery is still dead because the phone isn't charging.

I'm not sure about this, but my theory is that the battery must have died due to the fact that I have charged the phone with random USB cables and adapters for the past five years instead of an official Android or Sony charger. And also often left it in the charger for a whole day, which might mean the phone didn't get the amount of watt that it wasn't supposed to get.

Is there a possible solution for this? Do I need to get the battery replaced or is there possibly a different method?

Sizzer97

Honorable
Jun 30, 2015
You should know that it's not good to leave your phone for the whole night charging.
It's better to even not to charge it till full 100%.
That's good to know, thanks!

That might even explain another common problem I faced in which the phone shut down at night while charging making me miss my alarms in the morning :crazy:

falling10

Proper
Oct 1, 2018
That's good to know, thanks!

That might even explain another common problem I faced in which the phone shut down at night while charging making me miss my alarms in the morning :crazy:

It's all about how you save your battery.
Disable location service and switch on Night Mode, then you won't miss alarms in the morning.