Question My speakers are at full volume but sound very quiet.

Steve Geisel

Honorable
Aug 8, 2015
I have a gigabyte x470 ultra gaming 7. And when I have my Logitech Z623 speakers plugged into the back 3.5mm audio jack they sound really quiet turned up to full volume. Now this problem just started recently. Like the speakers worked perfectly fine a few days ago then all of a sudden they started doing this. when I plug the audio jack into the front of my tower they work fine. I'm not sure whats going on.

Steve Geisel

Honorable
Aug 8, 2015

ssbaraskar99

Prominent
Oct 29, 2020
I have a gigabyte x470 ultra gaming 7. And when I have my Logitech Z623 speakers plugged into the back 3.5mm audio jack they sound really quiet turned up to full volume. Now this problem just started recently. Like the speakers worked perfectly fine a few days ago then all of a sudden they started doing this. when I plug the audio jack into the front of my tower they work fine. I'm not sure whats going on.
Have you tried to connect speakers directly into the motherboard Green Port below ?
Try connecting your headphones, into motherboard green port below & check if audio is proper ?
Just check that if you have changed any audio profile for speaker or Volume in the sound settings?

Steve Geisel

Honorable
Aug 8, 2015
yeah, thats what I did originally and thats when they dont work
Have you tried to connect speakers directly into the motherboard Green Port below ?
Try connecting your headphones, into motherboard green port below & check if audio is proper ?
Just check that if you have changed any audio profile for speaker or Volume in the sound settings?

i would guess that you have some audio effects installed and enabled or that this audio port isn't configured correctly.

with the speakers plugged into the green rear I/O stereo port;
show screenshots of the Sound settings for this motherboard output device.

linking your images here from IMGUR allows viewing here on the thread so others don't have to chase your images to another site.

Last edited:

ssbaraskar99

Prominent
Oct 29, 2020

Test them on other machine,
Connect it to Green Colored port on motherboard, no lose connection.
Don't forget to check if power cable is properly connected.
Check if those cables are in good condition,
not pulled.

Steve Geisel

Honorable
Aug 8, 2015
Test them on other machine,
Connect it to Green Colored port on motherboard, no lose connection.
Don't forget to check if power cable is properly connected.
Check if those cables are in good condition,
not pulled.
I tested them on my wifes computer and they work perfectly. I know I have everything hooked up and connected properly.