My speakers echo. Ayone knows how to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeN

Help!
My speakers are echoing. The sound that they produce are
not clear and crisp, not fuzzy, they just echo.
Please help
Thank you
Jen

Jax

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2002

Hi Jen,

You didn't say what sound card you have. It may be a matter of settings in
your sound card controls. Explore the options in the controls and see if you
can find anything that will make it sound like you think it should. If not,
post back to this thread and give more information on your SC and what
speakers you are using.

LOL, JAX

"Jen" <j3nnilouise@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Help!
> My speakers are echoing. The sound that they produce are
> not clear and crisp, not fuzzy, they just echo.
> Please help
> Thank you
> Jen

papa

You may be experiencing feedback. Do you have a computer microphone turned
on?

"Jen" <j3nnilouise@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Help!
> My speakers are echoing. The sound that they produce are
> not clear and crisp, not fuzzy, they just echo.
> Please help
> Thank you
> Jen

sound,speech option click to enter then go to sound and
audio devices at the bottom will be two speakera so click
on advanced the set up ur speakers this is for xp if u
dont have xp contact me at Trevorjoyce1@aol.com and il
reply

JeN

Hey Jax,
My soundcard i think is an onboard one with a SIS 7108
driver.
Does this gie you any better idea of what's happening?
Thanxs for your help
Much appreciated
Jen

JeN

Hey there
Yes i do have my microphone turned on becuase i use it
for msn messenger audio conversations.
How can i turn it off? It is a microphone on a camera if
that helps.
Thank you very much
Much appreciated
Jen

papa

Hi Jen:

Of course you will not want to turn it off when you are having two-way
conversations, but at least keep it as far away from the speakers as
possible. Use a longer cable if necessary (a computer store or camera store
should have one if it is a USB cable). At other times when you are just
using your computer speakers for normal sound, unplug your camera.

Regards.

"Jen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey there
> Yes i do have my microphone turned on becuase i use it
> for msn messenger audio conversations.
> How can i turn it off? It is a microphone on a camera if
> that helps.
> Thank you very much
> Much appreciated
> Jen

svetko

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011

I had the same problem and fixed it just now - it was a driver problem. :bounce: Just install the latest driver and echo will go away. I know it doesn't make sense your old driver to be fine and later start doing the echo but that's what happened I guess.