Discussion My specs, could someone please point me in the right direction here? what to upgrade (other than gpu)

Saeed813

Honorable
Jul 25, 2014
my specs: View: https://imgur.com/a/6K0MKtl

I would like to know what is a good processor to get or should I wait for a new release?
another thing I would like to know if I should switch to DDR4 or some are there new RAM specs in the market?
Also, thoughts on the currently used BIOs is it future-proof? or will it be compatible for future upgrades?

Finally, if anyone knows a thing or two on the latest storage ssd/hdd I am using an old 120GB ssd i forgot which one but its not the M2/PCIe ones, so thats something i was thinking of changing...

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and any insights would be appreciated!

Wolfshadw

Titan
The CPU. Motherboard, and RAM are pretty much a bundled deal. You cannot do a significant upgrade to one without having to change the other two as well.

Upgrades really depend on your budget. For a for a system, comparable to your current (I7/32GB RAM) system, but using current components, your budget would need to be around $600. (I7-9xxx/Z390 motherboard/32GB DDR4 RAM).

BIOS is motherboard dependent. Change the motherboard and you change BIOS.

A 120GB SSD is rather small by today's standards. I'd recommend at least 250GB, but prefer at 500GB or larger. As for the type, M.2 is the new way to go (not included in the above $600 budget).

-Wolf sends