Question My SSD Causes My PC to Freeze

May 14, 2019
Ever since I got an SSD to replace my HDD (for my main drive with windows 10; I have a secondary HDD) My PC often freezes for 5-10Seconds while my SSD's Disk Usage goes to 100%, I have scanned for viruses with several AV's because I was convinced that was the culprit but I have found none I then conducted an ATTO test on my SSD and this is what I got https://ibb.co/t43fCBp I dont know what is wrong with my PC; anything i could try and do to fix this?
(If this information is useful this is a Desktop that I custom built)

Apr 1, 2019
Open powershell as admin and type Chkdsk /r and restart your computer. It’ll check for any damages on the drive and attempt to repair them if possible

Jun 4, 2019
Just solved this on my PC after months of frustration.
Found the answer in this post:
and created an account here to send the message:

i uninstalled the HDD and shutdown the pc, then pluged the HDD into another SATA Port, turned on PC, installed the drivers and it is now working fine.

:p:cool::LOL:
- I uninstalled the HDD using This PC -> Manage -> right click on HDD, click properties, find the uninstall button

Dec 11, 2018
I had a problem just like that. My PC would freeze for 5-10seconds and disk usage would be 100% and disk-light was on non-stop. I tried everything, but one nice day Kingston came with firmware update SBFKB1C3 and my Kingston a400 480gb were running flawlessly though in benchmarks it's still little slow.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS