Question My SSD has 100% disk usage when it's barely doing anything, and it's not even a year old ?

Jul 30, 2022
My PC specs:

1x Intel Core i7-11700F, 8x2.5 GHz (Rocket Lake)
1x be quiet! Pure Rock Slim 2 (supersilent)
2x ADATA XPG Gammix D10 8GB DDR4-3200 MHz
1x Inno3D GeForce RTX 3070 iChill X4 LHR, 8GB GDDR6, HDMI, DP
1x ASUS Prime B560M-A, Sockel 1200, mATX, B560
1x Innovation IT 1000 GB SSD SATA SSD, 2.5 Zoll SATA BLK
1x 650Mbit Wireless-LAN + Bluetooth USB Adapter, DMG-07, 802.11ac
1x Thermaltake TR2 S 700W, 80+, 85% Wirkungsgrad
1x ATX-Midi Void, LED RGB, Tempered Glass

OS = Windows 10

What I have tried so far to fix the issue:

• Ran chkdsk.exe /f /r
  • Cleaned my PC of any dust
  • Turned off the "drive turning off thing" from the control panel by changing the default option (20) to 0
  • Reinstalled Windows "multiple times" (just to be greeted with the same issue a few hours later or a day/2 days later
  • Disabled SysMain temporarily to see if it fixes it and some other services that were talked about on some sites about this issue
  • Running Windows in Safe Mode (same thing)
  • Running sfc /scannow
  • Running Dism checkhealth, restorehealth and whatever dism commands ive seen recommended
I ran CrystalDiskInfo and it told me my SSD is fine, so i doubt its because of my SSD and using Windows Defender no viruses were found, so it must be because of something from Windows, but I am slowly losing my nerves with this and therefore I am hoping to be able to find someone from here that can help or even better fix this issue.

My SSD is a InnovationIT SSD and there is no "official" software to check the health of my SSD, so CrystalDiskInfo is the only thing I can use.

This is how it looks like after a fresh install, attempting to get stuff done is hard as everything is awfully slow:

image.png

This is how it looked like on Windows 11 under "Performance":

892784fe-2fec-4d52-82a7-2633c9efedb5.png

Also under Windows 11 I cant tell what my Ressoucemonitor says:

ac1c6179-51d0-447e-b982-1f4c60fdd023.png

So basically the System process is taking up most, also after 10-20 minutes everything normalizes, however it spikes back up to 100% after opening a new app.

I also tried everything from this, to no avail:

image-1.png

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
My PC specs:

1x Intel Core i7-11700F, 8x2.5 GHz (Rocket Lake)
1x be quiet! Pure Rock Slim 2 (supersilent)
2x ADATA XPG Gammix D10 8GB DDR4-3200 MHz
1x Inno3D GeForce RTX 3070 iChill X4 LHR, 8GB GDDR6, HDMI, DP
1x ASUS Prime B560M-A, Sockel 1200, mATX, B560
1x Innovation IT 1000 GB SSD SATA SSD, 2.5 Zoll SATA BLK
1x 650Mbit Wireless-LAN + Bluetooth USB Adapter, DMG-07, 802.11ac
1x Thermaltake TR2 S 700W, 80+, 85% Wirkungsgrad
1x ATX-Midi Void, LED RGB, Tempered Glas

What I have tried so far to fix the issue:

Ran chkdsk.exe /f /r
Cleaned my PC of any dust
Turned off the "drive turning off thing" from the control panel by changing the default option (20) to 0
Reinstalled Windows "multiple times" (just to be greeted with the same issue a few hours later or a day/2 days later
Disabled SysMain temporarily to see if it fixes it and some other services that were talked about on some sites about this issue
Running Windows in Safe Mode (same thing)
Running sfc /scannow
Running Dism checkhealth, restorehealth and whatever dism commands ive seen recommended

I ran CrystalDiskInfo and it told me my SSD is fine, so i doubt its because of my SSD and using Windows Defender no viruses were found, so it must be because of something from Windows, but I am slowly losing my nerves with this and therefore I am hoping to be able to find someone from here that can help or even better fix this issue.

My SSD is a InnovationIT SSD and there is no "official" software to check the health of my SSD, so CrystalDiskInfo is the only thing I can use.

This is how it looks like after a fresh install, attempting to get stuff done is hard as everything is awfully slow:

image.png

This is how it looked like on Windows 11 under "Performance":

892784fe-2fec-4d52-82a7-2633c9efedb5.png

Also under Windows 11 I cant tell what my Ressoucemonitor says:

ac1c6179-51d0-447e-b982-1f4c60fdd023.png

So basically the System process is taking up most, also after 10-20 minutes everything normalizes, however it spikes back up to 100% after opening a new app.

I also tried everything from this, to no avail:

image-1.png
I don’t want to be rude, but this looks like a cheap SSD. It doesn’t seem to be a popular brand and a Google search leads me to this Amazon product which has 0 reviews. https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Innovation-SSD-1TB-Black-Retail/dp/B07YBYLNHX

Exactly how old is it? I’d assume that it doesn’t have a warranty on it, so you’ll probably need to buy a new one from a high quality brand.