[SOLVED] My ssd has 20 mbps read writes speeds

Jan 22, 2019
Before i return my A400 480gb ssd i just was wondering if there is just a problem with what im doing. Ive replaced the sata cable and ensured its connected properly. The kingston ssd manager says all drivers are up to date (although without any drivers it still should be way faster than my hdd which is giving 100 mbps read write) and i was wondering if there was just anything im missing before i have to use my warranty.

Last edited:
Solution
Just as a last test to be sure, can you try running ATTO and posting those results? I think your fear is correct and that you have a possible faulty SSD on your hands as sequential should always be much faster. Even your read speeds are a tad slow, they are normally in the 550MB/s range.
Jan 22, 2019
Download and run Crystal Disk Mark. It will tell you what the true read/write speeds are, as opposed to the windows pop window, which can often be misleading or completely wrong in reading transfer speeds. It can also indicate if the disk is dine, that there may be a software issue rather than a hardware issue.
that significantly increases my read to 303 mbps but write is still 23mbps

Jan 22, 2019
Download and run Crystal Disk Mark. It will tell you what the true read/write speeds are, as opposed to the windows pop window, which can often be misleading or completely wrong in reading transfer speeds. It can also indicate if the disk is dine, that there may be a software issue rather than a hardware issue.
2eocxf8.jpg

Jan 22, 2019
Just as a last test to be sure, can you try running ATTO and posting those results? I think your fear is correct and that you have a possible faulty SSD on your hands as sequential should always be much faster. Even your read speeds are a tad slow, they are normally in the 550MB/s range.
2nbapur.jpg

yup im gonna return it to kingston thanks for the help