[SOLVED] My SSD has halved in capacity after using Macrium Reflect

Frooby

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2016
Hello...again...

I have a small PC with a 120GB SSD in it. I also have a Toshiba 240GB SSD which I have put inside a USB3 caddy. My intention was to clone the 120 on to the 240 and then fit the latter inside the PC in the place of the current incumbent.

I struggled to understand Macrium Reflect this time (I have used it before and it worked as expected) as the source drive came up with 4 partitions in it and I only wanted to clone the one with the progs and files on them. It took a few trials before I managed to click the 'correct' boxes (probably not that correct after all) to transfer as I kept getting error and 'can't do' messages for most of my options.

Anyhoo, it finally seemed to 'work' and I now have an exact copy of the 120GB's drive on my 240GB SSD - except that the 240GB drive is now showing as only 120GB capacity in total.

In frustration I reformatted the '240'GB drive, but it still only comes up as 120GB capacity (actually 118GB).

How can I get my full 240GB back, please?!

Thanks.

Solution
Start over.
I'm assuming this is replacing your boot drive. and C: drive is where you want all the space to be.

In Macrium select your source drive and click Clone this drive. (be absolutely sure you have the correct source drive)
On the next window select your destination drive.
If you see partitions on your destination drive click the "Delete existing partitions" link below it.
Now drag the partitions 1 at a time , left to right, down to the destination. Stop when you drag C: down.
With C: selected on the destination, click "Cloned Partition Properties" underneath it.
In the new window, change the partition size to 222.5 GB. and click ok
Now drag dow the rest of the partitions and start your clone. Don't worry about...

Frooby

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2016
Thanks.

Under Disk Management it says:

Disk 3 Basic 223.57GB Online.

Then in the 5 'boxes (partitions?) along from this:
101MB Unallocated.
128MB Healthy (Primary Partition).
Windows (G: 118.53 GB NTFS Healthy (Primary Partition).
104.04 GB Unallocated.
790 MB Healthy (Recovery Partition).

How do I get it all as one formatted volume of 240GB?! Thanks.

popatim

Titan
Start over.
I'm assuming this is replacing your boot drive. and C: drive is where you want all the space to be.

In Macrium select your source drive and click Clone this drive. (be absolutely sure you have the correct source drive)
If you see partitions on your destination drive click the "Delete existing partitions" link below it.
Now drag the partitions 1 at a time , left to right, down to the destination. Stop when you drag C: down.
With C: selected on the destination, click "Cloned Partition Properties" underneath it.
Now drag dow the rest of the partitions and start your clone. Don't worry about the few hundred MB of unallocated space at the end.

Solution

Frooby

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2016
Start over.

Now drag dow the rest of the partitions and start your clone. Don't worry about the few hundred MB of unallocated space at the end.

Thank you so much - worked a treat :)