Question my ssd is getting full, which harddrive will be best for gaming?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 16, 2019
my ssd kingston sv300s37a120g is getting full. i want to add new hard drive. any suggestion for gaming hard drive? i am looking for 2tb. thank you

Aug 16, 2019
my ssd kingston sv300s37a120g is getting full. i want to add new hard drive. any suggestion for gaming hard drive? i am looking for 2tb. thank you
personally I use a 120gb crucial bx500 SSD for just the OS and use a Seagate Barracuda 2tb for my games, has great speeds and a lot of storage for a solid price (IMO Seagate > Western Digital)

Reactions: travis223
Aug 16, 2019
Even the cheapest SSD will max out the SATA ports you have so there is no reason for you to get a premium drive. I also like the Crucial MX500 recommendation but any SATA SSD will do.

You need a drive in the 2.5" form factor (small plastic brick) . Your system cannot support the M.2 type drive (small exposed card the shape of a stick of gum).

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9XL0ovNzY5Njk5L29yaWdpbmFsLzE1MjU0MDYyMDgyNTguanBn

You will also need a new SATA cable. They don't come with the drive.

EXAMPLE: https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-18...ATA+cable&qid=1565964267&s=electronics&sr=1-5

Get as big as you can. Transferring the whole system to the new single drive will make set up easier for you to manage.

Adding even a single spinning disk to the system slows the startup time.
i m thinking of buying Samsung Evo 860 1tb.i just want space since my SSD is getting full.