Question My SSD M2 is not detected by my computer or bios

Mar 30, 2020
So recently my SSD died and i bought a new storage. Which was the M2 SSD Kingston A2000 250gb, and i installed it into my maximus VII hero motherboard. Ive updated bios and windows, and everything is up to date. Why does my computer not detect my m2 ssd?

So recently my SSD died and i bought a new storage. Which was the M2 SSD Kingston A2000 250gb, and i installed it into my maximus VII hero motherboard. Ive updated bios and windows, and everything is up to date. Why does my computer not detect my m2 ssd?
If you have multipule m.2 slot's make sure your m.2 card is in the first slot if you only have one of dosnt enable the second port till you have a m.2 in the first port. Is your bios set to read m.2 cards or is that feature auto off by Asus on this board? Some mobo's "you" have to enable the m.2 ports

thakursn

Commendable
Aug 4, 2017

Besides other suggestions, also make sure that you have bought a SSD whose interface is compatible to your PC.

Note: a SATA SSD will have M+B Keys edge but a PCIe NVMe SSD will have only M Key edge - while they (NVMe SSDs) are much faster than a SATA SSD. And since you have bought a replacement SSD (an SSD generally have 5 years replacement warranty) so your computer appears to be older and likely to be using a SATA SSD, please confirm this first.

Lol I just posted with the same problem with the same kingston a2000 on Asus Strix B450 F Gaming..
Do your chips provide a manufacture date on them this could be a series of bad chips