jamalahmed0100

Reputable
Sep 5, 2018
OS - WINDOWS 10
CPU - AMD RYZEN 5 56OOX
MB - MSI B550-A PRO AM4 (LATEST BIOS AND CHIPSET)
RAM - HYPERX FURY DDR4 )2x8GB) DUAL CHANNEL @ 1199HMZ (17-17-17-39) // I bought the 3200mhz cl16 but when I enable xmp -> i get blue screen. I dont really mind cuz as long as it works/ havent gotten round to fixing it plus i bought it back in april 2021 and xmp stopped working last year (not the problem i wanna fix too)
GPU - AMD RADEON RX 6700 // occasionally only goes to 30% gpu util (imposible that my cpu is bottlenecking it) -> again a future problem i want to fix
STORAGE - 1TB APPLE HDD ST1000DM003 (SATA )
- 500GB M.2 NVME SSD Western Digital WDC WDS500G2B0C-00PXH0 (Unknown (SSD))

So when I first got the SSD I had this problem but I essentially got around it by using legacy (CSM) from some YouTube videos. However, as a software engineering student I need the Linux Ubuntu OS for the frameworks and technologies ill be using. So to create a dual boot of Linux and windows I would need to change my BIOS Firmware from legacy to UEFI. I've tried troubleshooting it (full list of what I have done below) however nothin has worked.

I have:
  1. Reseated everything except my cpu
  2. Updated my bios and chipset.
  3. Sata mode was on AHCI, changed that to raid
  4. Enabled Lan Option ROM
  5. When RAID mode was on I went onto RAIDXpert2 configuration Utility:
    1. In controller management - I changed the raid 0 to 1
    2. In array management - I am not able to create an array, i can delete array and manage array. Did not delete array because i dont want to delet anything on my drives, in manage array i tried anything that let me change - i cant remember everything but i literally trial and error did everthing in RAIDXpert2.
  6. that's everything I can remember, i am not very familiar with the BIOS but i think i understand the basics. i did trial and error a lot of stuff all day

If you have literally anything to help it would be much appreciated, giving me follow up tasks just incase that doesn't work would help make things speedy. Cheers. (My Speccy below // my shi is messed).
XLRyPqN.png

shadowxsx

Honorable
Aug 15, 2016
I actually had a similar issue with my ASrock Z590 Extreme mother board, I had to change the BBS boot settings (I really do not know what that is). But until I did the only Uefi Hd that was showing up was my linux ssd. My windows drive would not even show up till I found and changed that setting.