[SOLVED] My SSD

Oct 2, 2021
I have a Silicon Power A55 256gb ssd I wondering how the health of it was so I downloaded crystaldiskmark. When I ran it, it said the read speed was 500MB/s and the write speed was 102 MB/s. I’m pretty sure that write speed is very low than what it is supposed to be. I was wondering if that could cause my pc to freeze(it mostly freezes while gaming). All my games are on my hdd though.

Solution
If all your games are on HDD, I don't see how that would affect SSD. The only reason would be if you have OS on SSD and you run out of RAM and it has to swap to disk. In other words, system uses the pagefile, heavily. And that pagefile resides on SSD (it does by default, which is why I always move it. I don't want it thrashing my SSD).
Write speed is used when you write something to disk, for example install a game. When you go and play that game, now you are using Read speed.
Freezing can have many causes. Something is overloaded or drivers are timing out etc.
Oct 2, 2021
I have a Silicon Power A55 256gb ssd I wondering how the health of it was so I downloaded crystaldiskmark. When I ran it, it said the read speed was 500MB/s and the write speed was 102 MB/s. I’m pretty sure that write speed is very low than what it is supposed to be. I was wondering if that could cause my pc to freeze(it mostly freezes while gaming). All my games are on my hdd though.
The drive is less than a year old

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
If all your games are on HDD, I don't see how that would affect SSD. The only reason would be if you have OS on SSD and you run out of RAM and it has to swap to disk. In other words, system uses the pagefile, heavily. And that pagefile resides on SSD (it does by default, which is why I always move it. I don't want it thrashing my SSD).
Write speed is used when you write something to disk, for example install a game. When you go and play that game, now you are using Read speed.
Freezing can have many causes. Something is overloaded or drivers are timing out etc.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS