My Status="Busy" when using Remote Desktop

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Hi,

I'm using Windows Messenger on Windows2003 Server. For some reason,
whenever I am working in a Remote Desktop window, my status is automatically
set to "busy." When I click out of the Remote Desktop window, my status
moves back to "Online"... Is this a known bug? Is there a workaround?

Sal

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Greetings Sal,

This is by design. Assuming you're using Windows Messenger 5, click the Tools menu, then
Options, then Preferences tab, uncheck 'Block alerts and set status to "Busy" when running
full-screen programs' and then click OK.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Sal Bompensaro" <jackson@sanford.son> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Windows Messenger on Windows2003 Server. For some reason,
> whenever I am working in a Remote Desktop window, my status is automatically
> set to "busy." When I click out of the Remote Desktop window, my status
> moves back to "Online"... Is this a known bug? Is there a workaround?
>
> Sal

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

> Greetings Sal,
>
> This is by design. Assuming you're using Windows Messenger 5, click the
Tools menu, then
> Options, then Preferences tab, uncheck 'Block alerts and set status to
"Busy" when running
> full-screen programs' and then click OK.

Wow, I looked earlier but totally missed that option. Thanks for the
tip!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Hi,

You're very welcome =)