Question My steelseries apex pro keyboard has something wrong with it

Person268

Prominent
Jun 2, 2020
The right shift on my steelseries apex pro feel weird, I'm not sure how to describe it but i would say it feels tactile, like when i press it i get the clicky response, it still registers and everything is fine its just that why does it feel this way, none of the other keys feel like this?

JasonNs_

Proper
Sep 22, 2020
I dont know if this could help you but it happend with old keyboards i used before, pull out the key, check if the switch is seated properly,try pressing multiple times to make sure nothing wrong with it, put the key back and press it with force so you feel it gets sticky.

Person268

Prominent
Jun 2, 2020
I dont know if this could help you but it happend with old keyboards i used before, pull out the key, check if the switch is seated properly,try pressing multiple times to make sure nothing wrong with it, put the key back and press it with force so you feel it gets sticky.
but it has stabilizers

I dont know how to take off stabilizers

If you don't want to check your keyboard just asking about it and doing nothing won't help. I worked on a bunch of my keyboards but before I did I had to try on my first one before knowing what I was doing past watching a bunch of videos of others working on them. So you either need to try and see what is wrong, do nothing, or just buy a new keyboard. Did you check with support about this? Is it in warranty still?

Working on the keyboard can be a pretty involved process you may need to take off all the key caps and remove the PCB from the case to get under where the stabelizes are to check it. The switch itself in that position may need to be replaced. Or you could simply have a crumb under the keycap or something. Did you check anything already?

Person268

Prominent
Jun 2, 2020
If you don't want to check your keyboard just asking about it and doing nothing won't help. I worked on a bunch of my keyboards but before I did I had to try on my first one before knowing what I was doing past watching a bunch of videos of others working on them. So you either need to try and see what is wrong, do nothing, or just buy a new keyboard. Did you check with support about this? Is it in warranty still?

Working on the keyboard can be a pretty involved process you may need to take off all the key caps and remove the PCB from the case to get under where the stabelizes are to check it. The switch itself in that position may need to be replaced. Or you could simply have a crumb under the keycap or something. Did you check anything already?
I have like no idea about what you said or what any of that means, my keycap doesnt not have a crumb underneath it, why would there even be crumbs. Also my e key when ever i press it i hear a scarping noise so i took off the keycap and the scraping is from the switch itself not the keycap. anything i can do?

I have like no idea about what you said or what any of that means, my keycap doesnt not have a crumb underneath it, why would there even be crumbs. Also my e key when ever i press it i hear a scarping noise so i took off the keycap and the scraping is from the switch itself not the keycap. anything i can do?

Why would be be crumbs in the keyboard? From people eating over it, happens all the time. For the E key, you can take apart the switch and lube it or replace it. I am not sure if you can pop it apart without de-soldering it off the PCB though, you will need to take a look at it to see. If you did not understand what I said you need to start doing a bit of research into how keyboards are put together since you will need to know in order to do anything to yours. There are a ton of videos out there on how to build mechanical keyboards and how they work, how to fix them, etc...

Person268

Prominent
Jun 2, 2020
Why would be be crumbs in the keyboard? From people eating over it, happens all the time. For the E key, you can take apart the switch and lube it or replace it. I am not sure if you can pop it apart without de-soldering it off the PCB though, you will need to take a look at it to see. If you did not understand what I said you need to start doing a bit of research into how keyboards are put together since you will need to know in order to do anything to yours. There are a ton of videos out there on how to build mechanical keyboards and how they work, how to fix them, etc...
Alright thx for the help, also why would i be eating on top of my keyboard? is it a plate?