My storage, on another computer

davidrossoni

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
Hello!

At home I have 100gig wireless internet and want to download x-plane 11 which is 60+ gig, so my question is if I can just bring my harddrive to my friends house and download it from his internet in his computer? Or download it to his and just drag the steam gamefolder to my hardrive?

Thank you for your time!

Didn't know if i should but this in PC gaming.

Solution
Yes you can do that.
Copy the x-plane folder from the Steam/steamapps/common folder, and then when you transfer it back to your steam/steamapps/common folder, tell steam to install the game, it will scan the files that are already there and fix the few remaining files and other entries that are missing from the computer, that should be under like 10mbs.
u can just ask him to backup the game, and then u can copy the installer and install it at your PC
copying the game folder MIGHT (im not sure) have some error / trouble but u can still try it too, after u copy the game folder, put it on your steam folder and then press install on the steam and let it scan the files u already have and download the files u don't have

Yes you can do that.
Copy the x-plane folder from the Steam/steamapps/common folder, and then when you transfer it back to your steam/steamapps/common folder, tell steam to install the game, it will scan the files that are already there and fix the few remaining files and other entries that are missing from the computer, that should be under like 10mbs.

Solution