My SuperMicro H8QME-2+ posts but I'm not getting a video output?

Poisonxfusion

Reputable
Oct 16, 2014
Hi, I've just finished a rather unique build where I used a supermicro H8QME-2+ with four CPU's and 16gb of ram (its going to be a server). I booted the build and everything was great, I hear a single beep to indicate its working and the fans all started and after a little bit of time the CPU heatsinks got a little warm, However I still didn't have a video output, I have a vga cable connected to the motherboard and my monitor but it wont work, but when I do unplug the vga cable from either end the monitor awakens from power saving mode and indicates nothing is plugged in so it must know that there is a pc connected to it. I have also tried a really cheap AMD graphics card in the PCIE slot but I still had no luck, Any ideas?

You have old parts but at this point will have to treat it like a new build and start troubleshooting.

Reseat all memory, and test with minimal amounts of memory and no drives/peripherals hooked up.
If all that results the same then will have to start pulling/inspecting CPUs. Do you know if the board will boot with only 1 or 2 cpus?

Poisonxfusion

Reputable
Oct 16, 2014

I haven't tried removing the CPU's yet but I have reseated each of the eight ram sticks, what do you recommend I try first?