My surface pro gen 1 power button broke

muntori

Reputable
Mar 1, 2019
I was about to turn off the screen when I noticed the power button was depressed
I connected it to power supply... It is turned on, and everythign works except power button
If I turn it off, then I obviously have no way to turn it on...

I thought of:
bios -> power management -> turn pc on with keyboard

there seems to not to be much of any bios options there...

Do you have any ideas?

I do have another surface pro with broken SSD, could I just take SSD from this one I can no longer power on and put it in that one?

Any thoughts?

Should I let the power run out so its safe to open these devices?

I am clueless when it comes to this stuff...

Any ideas?

Nov 22, 2020
Remove the battery(if you have the removable version). Or just open it any time. The battery is already powering things even when it's fully drained. And 12 volts wont shock you. Open the laptop and remove the keyboard and the metal that covers the power button. Check for replacement ones on ebay. You can just plug it back in if it was stuck in the metal.

muntori

Reputable
Mar 1, 2019
Remove the battery(if you have the removable version). Or just open it any time. The battery is already powering things even when it's fully drained. And 12 volts wont shock you. Open the laptop and remove the keyboard and the metal that covers the power button. Check for replacement ones on ebay. You can just plug it back in if it was stuck in the metal.

its surface pro, tablet, people say its not fixable

TRENDING THREADS