[SOLVED] My system BIOS time is 25.7 seconds

rakinar2

Commendable
Oct 26, 2021
Guys I have an issue.

My PC's last BIOS time was 25.7 seconds. Usually it stays at 12-14 seconds but this time it jumped up.
This happened only once with me, right now when I was starting my PC.

Is there anything wrong? Do I need to be concerned about this? I'm using DELL OptiPlex 7080 Desktop running on Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.04 dual boot.

Last edited:
Solution
Guys I have an issue.

My PC's last BIOS time was 25.7 seconds. Usually it stays at 12-14 seconds but this time it jumped up.

Is there anything wrong? Do I need to be concerned about this? I'm using DELL OptiPlex 7080 Desktop running on Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.04 dual boot.
If it only happened once I don't think I would be too concerned about it.

If it starts to happen often look through the bios and disable stuff your not using see if it makes a diff.
I've got the same thing on mine, I'm honestly still stumped. Think my system specs are mostly in my signature.

Running Windows 11 right now and got the most recent BIOS version. I've had this for about 4 years now, it's been like this through multiple OSes and BIOS versions. I have also restored BIOS defaults multiple times and have just learned to accept it..

Guys I have an issue.

If it only happened once I don't think I would be too concerned about it.

If it starts to happen often look through the bios and disable stuff your not using see if it makes a diff.

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The psu is always on, if plugged in. It supplies power to cmos, USB, leds and other parts of the motherboard even though the pc is 'off' because the OS is shut down. If power is interrupted, for longer than the holdup time (generally @ 16-20 milliseconds), the psu resets and that can cause a full reboot where bios now has to discover and/or verify all the components during post, reset time etc. That takes longer.
A half dead cmos battery can do the same.

Can also be caused by driver version conflicts with certain components that use proprietary drivers, like the Realtek audio drivers or Renasus Sata controllers or Samsung Magician etc. Bios will try several times to use those at startup, but if for whatever reason there's a slight issue, it'll default to whatever Windows drivers are present, just to get the component working. Those checks can take a few seconds or more, each. It's not uncommon, especially with current OS versions mixed with older software and drivers.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS