[SOLVED] My system crashed when i was downloading a file, does the whole disk get corrupted ?

knowledge2121

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2013
I was downloading a few files using Chrome into my USB HDD when suddenly my system crashed...I restarted.

I know that the files that I was downloading got corrupted when the crash happened...so I deleted the failed downloads and downloaded them again.. I am worried about other files on the disk which were closed and not accessed by any program when the crash happened..do those get corrupted as well ?

Solution
I was downloading a few files using Chrome into my USB HDD when suddenly my system crashed...I restarted.

I know that the files that I was downloading got corrupted when the crash happened...so I deleted the failed downloads and downloaded them again.. I am worried about other files on the disk which were closed and not accessed by any program when the crash happened..do those get corrupted as well ?
In general.....no.
I suppose there might be some special cases where it does happen.....but not in general.

In general.....no.
I suppose there might be some special cases where it does happen.....but not in general.

Solution