My system doesn't detect third storage device.

Hashio

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
My current system has two SSD install to it. I am trying to install a third, but my system didn't seem to detect it. Is there something I am doing wrong? I connected it with the right cables. Or must I need to enable something in bios?

Hashio

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010

ASUS Gryphon Z87 intel Z87 chipset motherboard, ill give it a double check to see if it is disable in bios.

Hashio

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010

ASUS Gryphon Z87 intel Z87 chipset motherboard, they are SSDs, not the M.2 SSDs. Off topic could you use a M.2 SSD on a desktop?

You can use a M.2 if the mobo has a M.2 slot. If the BIOS supports NVME you maybe or should be able to use that

This mobo has one but since there's only 4 sata ports, if I decided to install a M.2 ssd, it'll disable 2 of my sata ports

Altho there's not much in it anyway, there's only 1 250 GB ssd and a dvd writer.

I dont know why I've got the dvd, I've never really used it since I installed it lol

Hashio

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010

So for some reason my motherboard had it disable, I enable it and it is detecting it now, I should consider looking into M.2 SSD. Takes up less space.