[SOLVED] My system doesn't have enough PCI-E lanes?

nicknico2

Honorable
Nov 17, 2017
I'll be brief, I have the following setup:

• ASUS A320M-K.
  • Ryzen 5 2400G.
  • 2x8GB 2666Mhz.
  • M.2 NVMe 500GB Crucial P2.
  • MSI GT 1030 OC.
(I know that the Vega 11 give the same performance as the GT 1030 but I needed to give the system as much RAM as possible temporarily, and I'm a tech distributor so I just took a graph from the heap).

Everything is perfect until I did a performance test, and I realize that the graphics is giving me half the performance of what it should give, so I think it is dividing lines with the NVMe ...

I wanted to confirm this, because I thought it was enough :unsure:.

Solution
The Ryzen 5 2400G has a 8 + 4 configuration. 8 are for the primary PCIe x16 slot, 4 are for general use which typically means an NVMe slot.

You can use GPU-z to verify the card is getting 8 lanes.

EDIT: If you are comparing your GT 1030 to reviews online, be aware that the GT 1030 has a GDDR5 and DDR4 version. The DDR4 version performs worse, though I don't believe it performs half as bad (I haven't looked at any reviews recently so...)
The Ryzen 5 2400G has a 8 + 4 configuration. 8 are for the primary PCIe x16 slot, 4 are for general use which typically means an NVMe slot.

You can use GPU-z to verify the card is getting 8 lanes.

EDIT: If you are comparing your GT 1030 to reviews online, be aware that the GT 1030 has a GDDR5 and DDR4 version. The DDR4 version performs worse, though I don't believe it performs half as bad (I haven't looked at any reviews recently so...)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS