[SOLVED] My system doesn't perform as I think it should. What should I do?

Sep 4, 2019
I am wondering why is my system not getting that good of a performance (fps) in video games? I mean is there a component that I should swap? Are the cpu and gpu bottlenecking? Or what's the main problem?

Pc Specs:
-CPU- I7 6700
-GPU- RTX 2060 6GB
-RAM- 16GB 2133MHz
  • 1 TB HDD
  • 500 GB SSD
  • MB- Asus H110M-D

Solution
Yeah... but he is running on an I7 6700- which is a really well known good gaming cpu.... an x4 760 would hold you back due to the architecture it was based on but the 6700 is skylake (i.e. the same cpu core that is still being sold by Intel today). It should be fast enough to feed a 2060 in most cases
Probably got confused with another thread. :LOL:
You're correct, of course. The i7-6700 shouldn't be struggling to that extent.

At this point I would suggest monitoring the frequencies the CPU is hitting when gaming. I suspect it isn't reaching the clockspeeds it is supposed to reach.
I am wondering why is my system not getting that good of a performance (fps) in video games? I mean is there a component that I should swap? Are the cpu and gpu bottlenecking? Or what's the main problem?

Pc Specs:
-CPU- I7 6700
-GPU- RTX 2060 6GB
-RAM- 16GB 2133MHz
  • 1 TB HDD
  • 500 GB SSD
  • MB- Asus H110M-D

Those are decent specs, what game, what screen resolution and settings?

Sep 4, 2019
Well I can only play most of the more "graphical" games (gtav, fh4, cod mw, etc.) at medium(maybe 1 or 2 settings set to high) and barely getting past 60 fps often it doesn't even reach 60.

Well I can only play most of the more "graphical" games (gtav, fh4, cod mw, etc.) at medium(maybe 1 or 2 settings set to high) and barely getting past 60 fps often it doesn't even reach 60.

What resolution are you running at, HD (1920 x 1080)? or higher than that?

GTA5 on those settings should run much faster at HD, although if you are running at 1440p or 4k then it might not be unreasonable...

When I had my x4 760k it would struggle to reach 60fps in most games on a 1080p monitor. Not too surprising.

Yeah... but he is running on an I7 6700- which is a really well known good gaming cpu.... an x4 760 would hold you back due to the architecture it was based on but the 6700 is skylake (i.e. the same cpu core that is still being sold by Intel today). It should be fast enough to feed a 2060 in most cases

make sure the driver is set performance vs balanced mode?

2133MHz could be bringing down performance a bit.

Pc Specs:
-CPU- I7 6700
-GPU- RTX 2060 6GB
-RAM- 16GB 2133MHz
  • 1 TB HDD
  • 500 GB SSD
  • MB- Asus H110M-D

Probably got confused with another thread. :LOL:
You're correct, of course. The i7-6700 shouldn't be struggling to that extent.

At this point I would suggest monitoring the frequencies the CPU is hitting when gaming. I suspect it isn't reaching the clockspeeds it is supposed to reach.

Reactions: cdrkf
Solution

TRENDING THREADS