My system freezing

SiskoG

Commendable
May 16, 2016
So lately i have had some issues with my computer freezing at random parts in every game (GTA V, LoL, Borderlands 2, etc.) and sometimes even my browser freezes when im just like watching youtube videos or browsing news etc. I ran CCleaner and it didn't help.
My system:
- GTX 750
-AMD FX-6350
- 8Gb ram
-630w psu
The system is about 2 years old.
Sorry for my english:)

Solution
Then you're likely using the stock cooler - it's not the greatest, but should be sufficient for stock speeds (although loud).

Something is clearly not right though. Did you build this computer? I'd suspect maybe the cooler isn't secured properly.
I'd suggest removing the CPU cooler and reinstalling correctly - at that point, you should replace the thermal paste too for a tight fitting with the CPU.
You can often get away with reusing the thermal paste, but it can negatively impact your temperatures - clearly you don't have too many degrees to spare.

Another consideration is to make sure you have adequate airflow in your case. Keep it as tidy as possible, try to keep PSU cables out of the way of fans etc. How many fans are you...

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Please post your full specs, including make/model of your PSU (unfortunately PSUs vary in quality dramatically).

What settings and resolution are you playing at?

Common causes for freezing are heat &/or power related - a bottleneck can (rarely) present the same symptoms.

The most likely:
1. How do your CPU/GPU temps look? For AMD CPUs, use AMD Overdrive: http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/over-drive Look at your 'thermal margin' while gaming, it works backwards in 'degrees to zero'. 70'C is good (it's 70'C until the max thermal limit) and numbers towards 0'C are bad. You want to see 8 or 9'C+ at full load, such as gaming. Anything lower, and your CPU is thermal throttling to avoid damage.

Other options:
2. While gaming, use HWMonitor (Windows task manager works fine for the CPU) to monitor CPU and GPU's utilization. If either of the components are operating at 100%, you're experiencing a bottleneck which can result in lock-ups. I'd suspect temps first & foremost though.

3. Power issues. This will depend mostly on the make/model (and potentially age) of the PSU in question. While the FX6350 + 750 setup should likely need no more than 250W at load, poor power delivery can cause issues too. I'd suspect you'd see stuttering/choppiness long before a freeze though. Even a fairly poor PSU should still be able to power a 6350 + 750, but there's no guarantees with poor quality units.

SiskoG

Commendable
May 16, 2016
The psu brand is Thermaltake Berlin. The taskmaster shows that the CPU is running on about 50% when gaming (I tested this while playing borderlands 2).

SiskoG

Commendable
May 16, 2016

So it freezes when the temperatures go above 12 degrees. I saw it go to 20 degrees aswell, so what should i do to fix this.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
You're at "12.5'C to shutting down to protect the CPU" at minimal CPU utilization (I see 14% utilization as your highest core). You're definitely experiencing thermal throttling.

Do you have adequate airflow in your case? What CPU cooler are you using?

SiskoG

Commendable
May 16, 2016

To be honest i have no idea.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Then you're likely using the stock cooler - it's not the greatest, but should be sufficient for stock speeds (although loud).

Something is clearly not right though. Did you build this computer? I'd suspect maybe the cooler isn't secured properly.
I'd suggest removing the CPU cooler and reinstalling correctly - at that point, you should replace the thermal paste too for a tight fitting with the CPU.
You can often get away with reusing the thermal paste, but it can negatively impact your temperatures - clearly you don't have too many degrees to spare.

Another consideration is to make sure you have adequate airflow in your case. Keep it as tidy as possible, try to keep PSU cables out of the way of fans etc. How many fans are you running? How many intake? How many exhaust? You might just need an additional case fan or two to operate at 'safe' temps.

If airflow is ok & reseating the cooler doesn't work, there are plenty decent aftermarket coolers that will be a substantial improvement over the stock cooler - generally while running quieter too.

Where are you located? There are many cooler options, although the best "bang for buck" varies depending on your location.
A common 'go to' is the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - generally available in most markets. Cryorig options are slightly better performers, but have limited availability outside the US.

Solution

SiskoG

Commendable
May 16, 2016

I will reinstall the cooler and thermal paste and see what happens. I don't know about those intakes and exhausts if my case tells something it is Thermaltake Versa H22.