My system is experiencing failures because of overclocking

Justin_swizzle

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015
Hello everyone, I'm relatively new to the computer world. I have a bit of a problem with my computer lately after 4 years. Sometimes, my computer randomly crashes and when it reboots, it mentions to go to my bios and says 'This system is experiencing failures because of overclocking.' I have never really overclocked. However, there's something in bios I see called 'Core Performance Boost' and it's enabled. Could this possibly be the problem of my system failures?. Does it need to be 'disabled?'

xapoc

Reputable
Jan 16, 2015
If your PC is stock and you made no changes to it, core performance boost should not cause issues unless, if the CPU is stressed 100% for long periods of time and there is a heat related problem such as bad cooling to the processor then PC will blue screen / reboot.

You can always turn it off, and see if your pc still crashes. There maybe more to it but try that first. Also make sure your processor heat sink is dust free.

Justin_swizzle

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015

Will try that then and give it three days just to make sure it doesn't crash, at least.

TRENDING THREADS