Question My system is restarting

Jackedd

Reputable
Nov 17, 2020
Hi everyone,

When i turn on my PC, sometimes before even going in the Password screen or Motherboard brand screen, it restart 1-2 times without me doing anything.
So i thought maybe is my PSU but its 660W Platinum edition from Fractal, and my system has these components: 3600x, 5700 xt gigabyte, 32gb ram 3600mhz, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite Socket AM4 , be quiet! shadow rock 3, and a 500gb and 1 tb ssd's so from what i've seen, this system shouldnt draw more power than my PSU can deliver.
So the restarts shouldnt be from my PSU since they happen even when my components are not used at all (when i turn on my PC), and yesterday it even restarded when i wanted to shut down the PC, i close everything and i wanted to shut down and it restarded.
Do you know why is happening?
I also want to specify that i plug my Turn on/off cables here in the motherboard. View: https://imgur.com/a/4sWT6wr

Thank you.

Hi everyone,

When i turn on my PC, sometimes before even going in the Password screen or Motherboard brand screen, it restart 1-2 times without me doing anything.
So i thought maybe is my PSU but its 660W Platinum edition from Fractal, and my system has these components: 3600x, 5700 xt gigabyte, 32gb ram 3600mhz, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite Socket AM4 , be quiet! shadow rock 3, and a 500gb and 1 tb ssd's so from what i've seen, this system shouldnt draw more power than my PSU can deliver.
So the restarts shouldnt be from my PSU since they happen even when my components are not used at all (when i turn on my PC), and yesterday it even restarded when i wanted to shut down the PC, i close everything and i wanted to shut down and it restarded.
Do you know why is happening?
I also want to specify that i plug my Turn on/off cables here in the motherboard. View: https://imgur.com/a/4sWT6wr

Thank you.
Sounds like a problem with Windows, check them.

Jackedd

Reputable
Nov 17, 2020
First thing would be tu run in CMD (Administrator)
sfc /scannow
if and when it passes the test, run this
dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup /ResetBase
I will do that, but when im free from work, ill come back here to show you the infos i get from tests in 5 hours or so, i hope you will help me then too. :)

Reactions: CountMike

Jackedd

Reputable
Nov 17, 2020
First thing would be tu run in CMD (Administrator)
sfc /scannow
if and when it passes the test, run this
dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup /ResetBase

So i did what you say and i got an error.
View: https://imgur.com/a/aSDMUew

I wrote something wrong or do i need to reset my windows entirely?
I also want to add that after yesterday restart when i was in desktop mode only for shuting down, today when i turn on the PC, it did not restart at all, but for example most of my taskbar didnt work. like the Windows button is the corner, the messages one, Cortana didnt work, neither shortcuts on the desktop...i think my Windows is compromised or something.