[SOLVED] My system is runing poorly after upgrade

May 18, 2020
My specs are GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR 8G, AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB (8x2) DDR4 CL16 3000Mhz and my motherboard is MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX.
I upgraded from i5-7600K that was bottlenecking to AMD Ryzen 5 3600

My friend runs Rainbow Six Siege with same settings and he gets more 50 FPS on average.
His specs: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 2060 Windforce 3X OC
Ryzen 7 1800x
16GB (2x8) DDR4 CL16 2400MHz
MSI A320M Pro-VH Plus (MS-7B07)
WD Blue 500GB
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 rpm (the game is running on here)

Both clients are running vulkan.

Please help

Solution
D
Always do a clean OS reinstallation after changing the motherboard. You have old drivers from the old motherboards' chipsets on your current OS, and they will surely conflict with the new one's chipsets, causing a variety of issues.
D

Deleted member 2720853

Always do a clean OS reinstallation after changing the motherboard. You have old drivers from the old motherboards' chipsets on your current OS, and they will surely conflict with the new one's chipsets, causing a variety of issues.

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Speed is more than just a sum of the parts used, it's How they are set up. I can run just as fast holding shackles as I can without, but set those shackles on my ankles and thats a different story.

Your pc as it is is ok, but there are steps you can take to improve its performance. Updating to the latest bios for bug fixes and performance enhancements. Installing the motherboard chipset drivers as they are written specifically to get the performance from the motherboard, not just windows generic drivers. Xmp for the ram in bios or that 3000 kit is running slow, possibly at 2133MHz. PBO to maximize Ryzen boost speeds and power usage abilities.

Clean install of Windows to clean out all the junk files and orphans leftover from removing Intel and it's drivers.