MY system is shut downing when i play HD games my graphic card is NVIDIA Geforce G550

madcap42

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012

Which means your computer has a problem with the card check specs and compatability ALSO check drivers are up to date

madcap42

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
if they are compatable try card in different computer see if same issue but to me it sounds like a compatability,hardware problem and also do you mean gtx 550

vipin chakravarthy

Honorable
May 8, 2013
oh.. sorry...mine is gt520

the monitor will suddenly restarts and shoes a dialogue box that the [ display driver NVIDIA windows kernel mode driver version 314.22 stopped responding and has sucesfully recovered ] this is the actual message format...pls help me to fix it..
And sometime i play HD games the system will automatically shut down and restarts after some time..do you get me???

Mahisse

Distinguished
If your system is shutting down while playing it probably means that your graphic card is overheating. This is a safety procedure to ensure that your hardware won't take damage from the heat. If you are trying to start up a game right after such a shutdown you will probably get a error message like the above. You can download software to monitor the temperature (like cpu-z) of you graphic card. Run the program while gaming and report back to us what the temperatures are. Also try to update your drivers if you haven't done that already.