Question My system randomly crashes and resets causing Kernel 41 error

Sep 30, 2019
Ok So when I boot my pc out of no where my system just randomly crashes and resets. like the screen would turn black and the system would reset during that intermission I was looking at my LED lights on my motherboard. It would turn yellow and then turn red and then white and green. Sometimes my system would fail to post which directly correlates to it being a ram problem

I check the error saying Kernel 41. I tried doing the 1 stick test on my ram but to no avail. I tried looking up at the compatibility chart I found the same model number but the timings and version were off I have no idea if this is relevant information or not to my ram sticks being compatible

My RAM are corsair vengeance blue led 2x8 16gb of ram 3000MHZ CMU16GX4M2C3000C15B 1.35V version 5 something Im not sure the exact version

I was wondering if you guys could help me deduce if ram is the issue I don't have a backup on hand to test it or not. Forgive my crappy typing I am trying to post this ASAP before the next random reset

here is the ram compatibility chart https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...0-F-GAMING/ROG_STRIX_X470-F_GAMING_Memory.pdf

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

The symptoms you describe are indicative of multiple problems, not just a RAM issue. Does the LED sequence stipulate it is RAM on your motherboard manual?
Please post your entire system spec including PSU make and model.
Are you running any OC or XMP/DOCP at all? Have you reset CMOS?

Sep 30, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

The symptoms you describe are indicative of multiple problems, not just a RAM issue. Does the LED sequence stipulate it is RAM on your motherboard manual?
Please post your entire system spec including PSU make and model.
Are you running any OC or XMP/DOCP at all? Have you reset CMOS?

I bought a new set of ram and so far it looks like I am not having any problems I will keep you posted if any problems should arise