[SOLVED] my system what else could i upgrade?.

jay781

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2014
Hi guys so recently i bought have a i7 950 with stock cooler. With 12gb ddr3 ram. and a sapphire nitro r9 380 4gb card . Power supply is a XFX 650watt pro power supply i have a 500gb western digital hard drive and a 1tb harddrive in system so far including everything i spent $125USD/£95 GBP is there anything you could suggest i could upgrade to improve my performance and cooling. thanks :)

Solution
That's a pretty good build for that money, even though some parts are quite outdated. You could maybe look into an SSD. It should load Windows upon startup much faster, it should make it more snappier and games/programs should load faster. The cooling is very specific, cause it matters what case you have because of fan sizes and what CPU cooler you can use. I guess we can only help there when you list what parts you have (case/CPU cooler/fans) and where you have them placed.
That's a pretty good build for that money, even though some parts are quite outdated. You could maybe look into an SSD. It should load Windows upon startup much faster, it should make it more snappier and games/programs should load faster. The cooling is very specific, cause it matters what case you have because of fan sizes and what CPU cooler you can use. I guess we can only help there when you list what parts you have (case/CPU cooler/fans) and where you have them placed.

Solution
Mar 8, 2019
Kind of a tough question to answer, because you dont really have a goal, or a problem.

Does the PC do what you want it to do? Does it run the games that you want to play fine? Does it have any issues?

If everything I have mentioned is fine, then enjoy your PC. And yes, what the other poster said, SSDs are awesome.