[SOLVED] My system won't POST (no beeps)

Jun 15, 2021
I am building a new PC and it will not boot or even get past POST. It lights up and the fans spin however no display or noise can be heard via the microphone. When power is running through the machine and I lights up it sounds like a buzzing is coming from the CPU.

I have removed all non essential components (Hdd, GPU and all front USB connections.) I have even removed the Ram and used only one in each slot to no avail.

I am using:
Szmz x99m-g2 motherboard
Intel Core i7 Extreme 3970x
Viper 2* 4gb Ram (8 total)
Antec vp400pc PSU

Solution
Solved!!!
It was a problem with the motherboard and the cpu not being the correct sockets even though they are both lga 2011-3 sockets.
It turns out that the Szmz x99m-g2 (in my opinion this is poo, just buy a decent mobo, and save the hassle. lesson learnt) is a motherboard that is meant for SERVERS and it does not have the correct chips et to run the i7 proccesor I had bought. It had even bent the proccesor slightly on the corner where it didn't sit right.

CmdData

Commendable
Jun 14, 2021
Have you double-checked to make sure your RAM is in the correct dual-socket slots? (Check your motherboard manual, usually 2nd and 4th slot on a 4 slot board)
Your CPU is rated for 150W, and looking up the specifications of your power supply it looks like it's the cheapest one that Antec offers, which might be the source of your problems. If you have a better PSU to test in your system try that out first. Also make sure that both your 24pin and 4+4pin ATX connectors are set in place.

Jun 15, 2021
I do not belive it to be a Ram problem (but I have been wrong befor. I belive this because when I have removed all Ram and tried to power on I do not receive any noise or indication from the speaker that there is a problem. (no beep at all)
It could very well be the motherboard and its bios that is the problem as it may not be functioning with the current CPU.
I do not have another power supply to test but I think I am going to order a differant (more expensive) motherboard to test the other components.
The mothevoard I have already started using did not arrive with a manual and I can't find one online

Jun 15, 2021
Solved!!!
It was a problem with the motherboard and the cpu not being the correct sockets even though they are both lga 2011-3 sockets.
It turns out that the Szmz x99m-g2 (in my opinion this is poo, just buy a decent mobo, and save the hassle. lesson learnt) is a motherboard that is meant for SERVERS and it does not have the correct chips et to run the i7 proccesor I had bought. It had even bent the proccesor slightly on the corner where it didn't sit right.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS