[SOLVED] My system won't post.

Dec 30, 2019
After restarting my system, it was dead. I've replaced everything but the power supply and CPU. PC get's stuck in boot, won't post.
CPU: Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard Asrock Am4 Pro x570/B450 DS3H gigabyte
Ram: 32GB Trident Z/16GB Gskill
GPU: 1650 Super/1070
Power supply: EVGA 500W
SSD/HDD

The motherboard has 4 debug LEDs, CPU DRAM VGA and BOOT. The CPU and DRAM LEDs flash then the boot one stays on.
And yes, I have read the no post guide.

Last edited:
Solution
Two possible things I see:
  1. The Gigabyte board doesn't fully support that CPU until a later BIOS revision, but the Asrock board should be fine with any BIOS.
  2. You might be pushing it a bit with that power supply. I would personally be using a 600-watt or so unit with that build.
  1. The Gigabyte board doesn't fully support that CPU until a later BIOS revision, but the Asrock board should be fine with any BIOS.
  2. You might be pushing it a bit with that power supply. I would personally be using a 600-watt or so unit with that build.

Solution
Dec 30, 2019
I had a Ryzen 1600 before that, the bios is updated. New power supply and RMAing the 3700x are the next steps.

Jan 17, 2020
MetalPug, did you get to the bottom of your problem? I have a similar issue with a X570M and 3700x. Boot LED continuously on and cant even get to BIOS although the fans are running and components are lit up like a christmas tree. It had been working for a few weeks

Dec 30, 2019
MetalPug, did you get to the bottom of your problem? I have a similar issue with a X570M and 3700x. Boot LED continuously on and cant even get to BIOS although the fans are running and components are lit up like a christmas tree. It had been working for a few weeks
My 3700X just up and died. I've troubleshooted with basically a 2nd PCs worth of comps that are compatible and the only part that didn't work was my 3700X. It's strange but it's just dead. No bent pins or anything.

Jan 17, 2020
That's unfortunate. It's either the chip or the MB for me I think. I am leaning towards the MB for mine, as none of the usbs seem to have power when the rest of the board does. All fans, RGBs on chip fan, GFX card and the replacement RAM. I cant find anything saying if there should be power to the usbs or not. Other than having a spare AM4 chip or MB, doesnt seem like theres a way to narrow it down further. I have messaged ASRock for help. Breath held.

Have you or you returning the chip?

Dec 30, 2019
Gigabyte/ASRock had no idea what was wrong other than the chip is just dead. (I have both an asrock and a gigabyte board). I'm currently in the process of RMAing it. I also think that on some motherboards USB power isn't a thing until it posts. Some motherboards will always have USB power but neither of mine do.

Jan 17, 2020
Thanks for the comments. I can see me returning the MB for a replacement and it being the chip. lol. I wish I had stuck to intel as I've never had any problems with them but I was drawn in by the very positive publicity surrounding the AMD chips. Hope you manage to post how you get on

Dec 30, 2019
Thanks for the comments. I can see me returning the MB for a replacement and it being the chip. lol. I wish I had stuck to intel as I've never had any problems with them but I was drawn in by the very positive publicity surrounding the AMD chips. Hope you manage to post how you get on
Yeah it's honestly just bad luck. It happens with Intel chips and AMD chips. Currently I'm using a ryzen 3 1200 to get by whilst waiting for my new chip.