My Tenda Wirelss Ap/router is not working

storyoftheyear21

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
Hello,
I am trying to set up a Tenda 150mbps wireless Ap/Router. Im trying to set it up to use it as a range extender. I followed all the directions. I put it in wisp mode. It doesnt seem to be communicating with my Tenda wireless router. It only is showing up as its own connection. so I cant even get on the internet. Please Help me I have been working on this for 10 Hours. I havent got anywhere.

TaurusaurusRex

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Hi there! :) Please note that the Tenda 150mbps Wireless Range Extender A3 uses a default IP address of 192.168.0.254 - you must set your IP address to the 192.168.0.* range (* = any number between 2 and 253) to login.

The default access username / password (if required) are admin and admin.

Once you've logged in, you can configure the access point to route through your existing wireless router as the default gateway (eg. if your wifi router is 192.168.1.1, then you would route through that, and set your Repeater (Extender) IP to 192.168.1.2 so that you can connect to it and then "relay" your connection through the repeater. It doesn't mirror the connection details for the existing wifi router, it simply creates an "additional" access point to connect through to your existing wifi router - creating a bridge, essentially.

The extender can be linked to the existing wifi router via LAN cable or WDS. For WDS, you will need to set the IP's 1 digit apart in the last segment (see above IP difference), and switch them both in the Wireless menu to ""Wireless Networking Mode: Network Bridge (WDS), but the SSID must remain the same (eg. "Tenda1") for both of them (it doesn't cause a network loopback), and any wireless security authentication must be identical (password / pass phrase / key + encryption algorithm) on both devices. Again, as with the above point, remember to set the gateway of the extender / repeater to that of the primary WiFi router.

For extra information and disambiguation (if required), see the following page, and scroll down: http://www.enjoypad.com/wireless-access-point/96-tenda-150mbps-wireless-range-extender-11n-access-point-a3.html

Regards,
-- TSR